Rails developer wanted at Dressipi (London, UK)

Hi all,

We (Dressipi) are looking for a mid to senior level developer to join our development team in london (you'll need whatever bits of paper are required to be able to work in the UK and be able to commute into the office at least 3-4 days/week).

If you love solving problems, teasing meaning out of large volumes of data and have a passion for writing well designed and tested code I'd love to hear from you. We develop recommendation systems that make shopping simpler and looking good effortless, using a combination of knowledgeable stylists and clever technology.

I'm looking for:

- a seasoned software engineer, with at least a year's experience of Ruby on Rails - good knowledge of MySQL (exposure to other databases/datastores a plus) - able to hit the ground running with a large and growing Rails 3 application. - TDD/BDD experience

Some experience of recommendation systems or machine learning techniques would be useful but by no means required. Frontend skills (HTML, CSS, jQuery) appreciated but not required.

You'll join a small, dynamic team to work on all the technology that powers Dressipi, from consumer facing web applications to heavy backend calculations and mobile apps. No knowledge (or interest in) fashion or clothes required - our delightful stylists have all the clothing expertise we need.

As well as working with the rest of the development team you will be working closely with the stylists, encoding their unique knowledge and understanding of clothing into Dressipi's algorithms.

You will take part in the full lifecycle of the product from understanding the business needs, to deploying the solution and analysing the resulting data.

Dressipi tackles problems in a wide range of areas, including recommendation systems, text extraction, visual recognition, crowd sourcing and more.

Drop me a line if you're interested / want to know more (try to not to reply to the whole list by accident :slight_smile: )

Fred