Problem with text_field_with_auto_complete

I Just looked into how to use text_field_with_auto_complete, but for some reason it wont work on my page. It gives me this error as an undefined method.

undefined method `text_field_with_auto_complete' for #<ActionView::Base:0x250f42c>

I have javascript_include_tag :defaults in my layout, I have the latest version of scriptaculous, i even did script/plugin install auto_complete in my terminal. I tried using another scriptaculous method and it worked just fine. Anyone have an idea as to why this one wont work?

undefined method `text_field_with_auto_complete' for #<ActionView::Base:0x250f42c>

The problem is not in your javascript. The problem is the View doesn't know that method. Check the auto_complete example again your probably missing a line like:

auto_complete_for :post, :title

It should work. Did you restart the server?

-- fxn

Found this:

http://trix.pl/blog/ruby-on-rails/auto-complete-for-rails-2-0-tutorial

Hope it helps, haven't tried it, but looks fairly simple... also take a look at the comments.

Cheers.

It is fairly simple to use. The problem, most likely, is that autocomplete was pulled out of the core and placed in a plugin. autocomplete does not autocomplete itself. :slight_smile:

Yeah apparently i forgot to restart the server and thats why. I then had another problem with permission which i solved by using

protect_from_forgery :only => [:create, :update, :destroy]

Now it seems to be working ok :slight_smile: