Last call for patches - 2.3 final is imminent

See? Because of me, now they have a warning.

This is a fix in Model.human_name, which returns "Postcomment" when it should return "Post comment".

http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2120-humanize-and-human_name-dont-separate-words

And this one makes labels work with human_attribute_name. It's not a blocker, but IMHO it's an I18n bug:

http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/745-form-label-should-use-i18n

How hard would it be to patch a naming convention in nested attributes?

I'd be interested in patching myself, though my testing skills probably should not be trusted.

This is basically what I'd like to see:

http://pastie.textmate.org/pastes/413750

Anyone else think this would be a marked improvement?

It won't be hard at all, in fact it _was_ this way in the beginning. However, after much discussion it was decided that the current way is
the better way and although it takes a bit more typing, I agree with
the decision.

Example:

“:attributes => true” doesn't say anything about the association,
which is what has_many (and the other macros) are about. Now that example could be fixed easily, however it gets worse with the
options for NestedAttributes. “:reject_if => …” has nothing to do with
the association at all.

There were some other minor issues as wel iirc, you can search the ML
and LH for that.

To conclude; I feel nothing for changing this, and especially not when
the core team is trying to to get out the must have patches.

Cheers, Eloy

I just posted to

#2054 :requirements not passed to named_route generated by :member - Ruby on Rails - rails

The commit on that ticket (5b7527ca44521edf9782b3d7f449bf09a29267f2)
broke routes where a resource has a collection and member action with
the same name.

Thanks for catching that, Luke. Commit has been reverted until we come up with a more global solution.

Mike

I found a little issue in Metal file name convention: I have a Metal piece file called legacy_routes.rb with the related class called LegacyRoutes, when I try to start the server it returns the following error:

/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.0/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:443:in `load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant LegacyRoute (NameError) # ...

I created a patch and a LH ticket: #2242 Metal should respect ActionPack class name conventions - Ruby on Rails - rails

Luca

Hey all,

As 2.3 RC2 is out, the plan is to have the 2.3 final release out as early as possible. So we'd like to make the last call for patches. If you have any pending patches that you want in 2.3 final release, please speak now. Not very keen on accepting refactoring patches or new features at this point as they can wait. But if there are any critical bug fixes or anything that should block the release, do post it in the replies.

Thanks for all the contributions. 2.3 is looking really solid !

I'd like to see the patch in this ticket added:

Add JDOM (JRuby) as XmlMini backend    #2238 Add JDOM (JRuby) as XmlMini backend - Ruby on Rails - rails

I'm working on adapting Aarons, work in test/xml_mini/nokogiri_engine_test.rb into a patch for testing all the alternate backends for xml_mini.

Here's the current state of the test:

Right now the Nokogiri and the JDOM adapter pass all 10 tests I've adapted.

LibXML fails 2.

FYI: speed converting a 1.8MB xml file to a hash using Hash.from_xml

* libxml-ruby was 25 faster than REXML * nokogiri was only 1.6 times faster * JRuby-REXML was 3 times faster than MRI 1.8.6 * JRuby-JDOM was 10 times faster

Little too late for 2.3, don't you think :wink:

Hmmm ... I guess I was working to hard to notice :wink:

Well take a look at the patch for inclusion for the next minor point release.