[GSoC] Rubyspec

Hi,

I was a student for GSoC under Ruby Central last year and I'd love to participate this year again, as a mentor.

I'd like to include the Rubyspec project this year since I think it will help all the Ruby implementations. Right now our spec suite is failing hard under Ruby 1.9 so I'd like to have a student work on improving that. I think that during the 3 months it's feasible to have Rubyspec running (with failures) under 1.9. If we can get it running cleanly then great, if not, at least we'll have a good starting point.

I'd like to hear your opinions/suggestions before posting the idea on the wiki/mailing lists.

Hi Frederico,

We, from MacRuby, would be very glad if rubuyspec would be chosen and
brought up to speed with 1.9. Next to being good for us, it would
probably be very good for 1.9 adoption in general. So a "hell yeah!" from me. Just wished I could register as a
student… :-/

Cheers, Eloy

PS: Like discussed, don't forget to send an email to the macruby ml,
as there might be people interested over there.

Hi Federico -- solid rubyspec coverage for 1.9 would be of great benefit for the Rails community! I look forward to your proposal.

Best, jeremy

Jeremy Kemper writes: > > > I'd like to include the Rubyspec project this year since I think it > > will help all the Ruby implementations. > > Hi Federico -- solid rubyspec coverage for 1.9 would be of great > benefit for the Rails community! I look forward to your proposal.

I've added an entry to the Rails wiki. This was the message sent to the different Ruby implementations MLs: