ActiveScaffold search problem

Ok so I have two problems with activescaffold and searching. The first is an error I get when trying to search with the advance active scaffold search plugin. nothing happens and I get this error on the page:

ActionController::UnknownAction (No action responded to update_table. Actions: attributes_hash_is_empty?, column_value_from_param_value, create, delete, destroy, edit, edit_associated, find_or_create_for_params, index, list, manage_nested_record_from_params, nested, new, render_field, row, show, show_advanced_search, show_search, table, update, update_column, and update_record_from_params):

My other issue is that i have a field in one of my models which is called user_id, it is an id of a user, hence the name. Now when that appears in the table generated by active scaffold its an integer, so I overrode that to show the name of that user. however when I use the standard search provided by active scaffold it still thinks its an integer and so I would like to know how i can make it search for the name.

Thanks!

Ok so I have two problems with activescaffold and searching. The first

is an error I get when trying to search with the advance active scaffold

search plugin. nothing happens and I get this error on the page:

ActionController::UnknownAction (No action responded to update_table.

Actions: attributes_hash_is_empty?, column_value_from_param_value,

create, delete, destroy, edit, edit_associated,

find_or_create_for_params, index, list,

manage_nested_record_from_params, nested, new, render_field, row, show,

show_advanced_search, show_search, table, update, update_column, and

update_record_from_params):

I have never used active scaffold myself, but my general understanding of this error is that you need to add a special action update_table (in your ActionController) which processes your resquest. Otherwise, I see some similar methods which I may advise you to check whether they can do what you want: update, update_column, and update_record_from_params.

My other issue is that i have a field in one of my models which is

called user_id, it is an id of a user, hence the name. Now when that

appears in the table generated by active scaffold its an integer, so I

overrode that to show the name of that user. however when I use the

standard search provided by active scaffold it still thinks its an

integer and so I would like to know how i can make it search for the

name.

Did you add the id in your model? Look at the following:

class User < ActiveRecord::Base set_primary_key :user_id # the rest of the code here

end

Thanks for the quick reply! I dont think making it a primary_key will fix it. I came up with an idea of haveing a custom search form with a dropdown menu of all the users and the value that would be passed would be an id. I just dont know how to do that. I also dont quite get what you mean by "check that they can do what you want", its a plugin so surely it would be ok?