uninitialized constant ApplicationController

Dennis Schaaf wrote:

Hey,

I am getting a weird error that doesn't give much helpful debug output because the application controller can not be found. The actual error output actually shows up in the webrick server, i'm trying right now wether this could be because of my computer configuration but i don't think so because it was working yesterday and i must have changed something that broke it but i have absolutely no clue what it is.

thanks, dennis

----

I am getting the same error. I have freezed rails to 2.2.2. in the dev-log it looks like the application.rb cannot be found anymore after a db:migrate. If i "require app/controllers/application.rb" from the controller, then it is found. So the file is there. But then it looks like the stylesheets cannot be found.

Rasmus Rasmussen wrote:

Dennis Schaaf wrote:

Hey,

I am getting a weird error that doesn't give much helpful debug output because the application controller can not be found. The actual error output actually shows up in the webrick server, i'm trying right now wether this could be because of my computer configuration but i don't think so because it was working yesterday and i must have changed something that broke it but i have absolutely no clue what it is.

thanks, dennis

----

I am getting the same error. I have freezed rails to 2.2.2. in the dev-log it looks like the application.rb cannot be found anymore after a db:migrate. If i "require app/controllers/application.rb" from the controller, then it is found. So the file is there. But then it looks like the stylesheets cannot be found.

sorry! i refreshed the page and now the styles are there :slight_smile:

oh! I just now tried removing the "require" line and it still finds application.rb. The error is gone! Haha, I'm starting to sound like David Heinemeier Hansson.

What caused this? Perhaps it's working again beause I did "Clear Private Data" in firefox?