Understand submit_tag

Hi everyone, I was following the book Agile Web Development with Rails 2Ed. by Dave Thomas.

So, at some part of my studies, I decided to try to create my own application based on what I've learned... Now I'm in trouble in a simple form.

I tried to create a form to register new users.

I'm sending attached the files that I created for this.

but my view don't call the action add_user when the user click on submit <%= submit_tag "Novo Usu&aacute;rio", :class => "submit" %>

Translation from portuguese: "Novo Usu&aacute;rio" = "New User"

I searched a lot in foruns and google and didn't solve my problem. I believe it's something easy That I couldn't solve because my lack of knowledge in Ruby.

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3115/files.tar.gz

The code you have written down here is okay, there is no problem with the submit tag. Check your error log. Or you can check and also download a very helpful book for the RoR beginners.

Here is the link

http://my.opera.com/learnror

here you will find a book and some RoR related notes.

Thanks & Regards

Shahroon

This isn't the place for pimping links for downloads of content you are not permitted to redistribute.

Fred

shahroon ali wrote:

The code you have written down here is okay, there is no problem with the submit tag. Check your error log. Or you can check and also download a very helpful book for the RoR beginners.Here is the link The Opera Blog - News | Opera

here you will find a book and some RoR related notes.

Thanks & Regards Shahroon

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Daniel Franca <

That's the problem =/ nothing happen at the log file when click the button, neither debugging the server stops at the add_user method when click the button, only stops there at the first time I go to the site.

Frederick you are right that I am not permitted to redistribute this sort of content, but in my point of you the learning material should be free for every one, and If I have this book and is helped me a lot then why I shouldn’t help others.

And Daniel check the code I am sending you, download the attached file.

Thanks & Regards,

Shahroon

simple_user_package.rar (1.06 KB)

Frederick you are right that I am not permitted to redistribute this
sort of content, but in my point of you the learning material should
be free for every one, and If I have this book and is helped me a
lot then why I shouldn't help others.

There are free resources. Link to those. Link to the amazon page of
the book. Don't disrespect the work of others (have you considered for
example that the author of that book is a member of this group?)

Fred

Please don’t make this group a debate group on useless things. If you want me to not to refer that book okay I will not. And I think Amazon is not a free resource.

Thanks & Regards,

Shahroon

(private aside to Frederick Cheung):

I've been reading through forums all day trying to fine tune a rails app I am building and you just keep popping up in "answer" to politely posted questions. You never have anything useful to add, but you are quick to criticize. You never seem to help anyone, but you seem ready to complain. Why don't you get a different hobby, or find something useful to add, or at least be quiet? Failing those, please consider dropping dead.

And by the way, once someone pays for a book, they certainly do have the rights to use the contents, especially when they credit it as the source, very especially when they do so in the way Daniel did. "Agile Web Development with Rails 2ed" by David Thomas. The author of the book surely realizes that people who are online trying to use it are helping promote it. I bought the thing specifically because it was mentioned in here so often. It is a great book.