submit_tag doesn't do it anything

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with a submit_tag, because it doesn't work.

Here is the form which i want to submit.

<% form_for :responsible, :url => responsibles_profiles_path(@responsible), :html => {:method => :put, :multipart=>true} do |f| -%>    <fieldset>         <div class="fields">          <fieldset >        <legend><%= I18n.t("tog_social.profiles.model.responsible_with_index") %></legend>          <p>          <label for="responsible_name"><%= I18n.t("tog_social.profiles.model.responsible_name") %></label>          <%= f.text_field :responsible_name, :class=>"fieldbox wide" %>          </p>                <p>                  <label for="responsible_email"><%= I18n.t("tog_social.profiles.model.responsible_email") %></label>          <%= f.text_field :responsible_email, :class=>"fieldbox wide" %>          </p>                <p>                  <label for="responsible_tlf"><%= I18n.t("tog_social.profiles.model.responsible_tlf") %></label>          <%= f.text_field :responsible_tlf, :class=>"fieldbox wide" %>           </p>          </fieldset>         </div>    </fieldset>    <br />

<!--Añadimos el botón actualizar responsable-->     <div class="actions">           <%= submit_tag I18n.t('tog_social.profiles.member.update_responsible'), {:accesskey => "s", :class=>"button mainaction"} %>         </div>

<% end -%>

And this submit doesn't work.

In the controller i have the next code to update the responsible.

def update_responsible     responsible = Responsible.find(params[:responsible])     responsible.update_attributes!(params[:responsible])     responsible.save     flash[:ok] = I18n.t("tog_social.profiles.member.updated")     redirect_to profile_path(profile) end

And i want to know how can i resolve this problem?

thanks for your help.

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with a submit_tag, because it doesn’t work.

Here is the form which i want to submit.

<% form_for :responsible, :url =>

responsibles_profiles_path(@responsible), :html => {:method

=> :put, :multipart=>true} do |f| -%>

<fieldset>

<div class="fields">

<fieldset >

<legend><%=

I18n.t(“tog_social.profiles.model.responsible_with_index”) %>

<p>

<label for="responsible_name"><%=

I18n.t(“tog_social.profiles.model.responsible_name”) %>

<%= f.text_field :responsible_name, :class=>"fieldbox wide" %>

</p>

<p>

<label for="responsible_email"><%=

I18n.t(“tog_social.profiles.model.responsible_email”) %>

<%= f.text_field :responsible_email, :class=>"fieldbox wide"  %>

</p>

<p>

<label for="responsible_tlf"><%=

I18n.t(“tog_social.profiles.model.responsible_tlf”) %>

<%= f.text_field :responsible_tlf, :class=>"fieldbox wide"  %>

</p>

</fieldset>

</div>

</fieldset>

<br />

<!--Añadimos el botón actualizar responsable-->

<div class="actions">

<%= submit_tag

I18n.t(‘tog_social.profiles.member.update_responsible’), {:accesskey

=> “s”, :class=>“button mainaction”} %>

</div>

<% end -%>

And this submit doesn’t work.

What do you mean “doesn’t work”? When you press, does the browser try to navagate? Do you see any output from the rails server console? Error messages?

The submit doesn't do what i want, it means that the submit doesn't update the responsibles. I don't see any error messages. Only the browser charguing and then redirect to the same view.

So what is the problem? maybe something in the routes? i don't know but please help me.

Thanks.

Have a look in the log (log/development.log assuming you are in development mode) and see what happens when you click the button.

Also you can use ruby-debug to break into your application to see what is happening. See the Rails Guide on Debugging.

I presume you have checked the generated html (View, Page Source or similar in your browser) to check the html is what you expect.

Colin

I have one question for each submit i need a route in the file route.rb?

i think that's my error.

I have one question for each submit i need a route in the file route.rb?

i think that's my error.

And why when i click on the submit butto redirect to the same page?

I have one question for each submit i need a route in the file

route.rb?

i think that’s my error.

No, if there was an error with routes you would not be redirecting to the same page, and would be getting a disgusting error. The issue is probably in your controller.

But in my controller i have the next:

def update_responsible     responsible = Responsible.find(params[:responsible])     responsible.update_attributes!(params[:responsible])     responsible.save     flash[:ok] = I18n.t("tog_social.profiles.member.updated")     redirect_to profile_path(profile)   end

so i don't know what i'm doing wrong?

i thinks it's easy but don't see.

But in my controller i have the next:

def update_responsible responsible = Responsible.find(params[:responsible]) responsible.update_attributes!(params[:responsible]) responsible.save flash[:ok] = I18n.t("tog_social.profiles.member.updated") redirect_to profile_path(profile) end

so i don't know what i'm doing wrong?

Did you try my suggestions (see below)?

i thinks it's easy but don't see.

> I have one question for each submit i need a route in the file > route.rb?

> i think that's my error.

No, if there was an error with routes you would not be redirecting to the same page, and would be getting a disgusting error. The issue is probably in your controller.

> > > The submit doesn't do what i want, it means that the submit doesn't > > > update the responsibles. I don't see any error messages. Only the > > > browser charguing and then redirect to the same view.

These suggestions:

> > Have a look in the log (log/development.log assuming you are in > > development mode) and see what happens when you click the button.

> > Also you can use ruby-debug to break into your application to see what > > is happening. See the Rails Guide on Debugging.

> > I presume you have checked the generated html (View, Page Source or > > similar in your browser) to check the html is what you expect.

Colin