I'm looking for suggestions or people's experiences with training
their development teams on RoR. I have a great team of 5 primarily
Java/C++ programmers at my startup that have messed around a little
with RoR, but need solid training before we start our next enterprise
project using Rails. I'm considering the following options:
1. We bring in a person/company to do onsite training for a week.
2. We find a local training class.
3. Self Study (books and online documentation).
4. Small Applications. We come up with some small non mission
critical apps to build that we could use at our office. For example,
our .com home page or a time tracking application.
5. One of us studies the heck out of Ruby on Rails and maybe even goes
to a class, then comes back and teaches the rest of us. The 'ol train
Any advice is way appreciated. Thanks!