start_form / start_end

I upgraded a project to a more recent version of edge today and in my testing the log started throwing these warnings:

DEPRECATION WARNING: start_form_tag is deprecated and will be removed from Rails 2.0 See http://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecation for details.

The url shows no useful information. I’m a little suprised these would just ‘disappear’ from 2.0 as they are scaffold generated calls that worked a week ago with no warnings, but I’m more curious if there is a different list/group I should be reading to find out about this stuff?

So what is the correct, new and improved syntax/construct for forms?

Fluffy Hippo wrote:

I upgraded a project to a more recent version of edge today and in my testing the log started throwing these warnings:

DEPRECATION WARNING: start_form_tag is deprecated and will be removed from Rails 2.0 See Ruby on Rails — A web-app framework that includes everything needed to create database-backed web applications according to the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern. for details.

The url shows no useful information. I'm a little suprised these would just 'disappear' from 2.0 as they are scaffold generated calls that worked a week ago with no warnings, but I'm more curious if there is a different list/group I should be reading to find out about this stuff?

So what is the correct, new and improved syntax/construct for forms?

------=_Part_10344_7108942.1161705303084 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 X-Google-AttachSize: 716

I upgraded a project to a more recent version of edge today and in my testing the log started throwing these warnings:<br><br>DEPRECATION WARNING: start_form_tag is deprecated and will be removed from Rails 2.0&nbsp; See <a href="Ruby on Rails — A web-app framework that includes everything needed to create database-backed web applications according to the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern.; Ruby on Rails — A web-app framework that includes everything needed to create database-backed web applications according to the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern.; for details.<br><br>The url shows no useful information.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm a little suprised these would just 'disappear' from 2.0 as they are scaffold generated calls that worked a week ago with no warnings, but I'm more curious if there is a different list/group I should be reading to find out about this stuff? <br><br>So what is the correct, new and improved syntax/construct for forms?<br>

------=_Part_10344_7108942.1161705303084--

see this for an explanation....

http://www.loudthinking.com/arc/000601.html

_Kevin

The url shows no useful information. I'm a little suprised these would just 'disappear' from 2.0 as they are scaffold generated calls that worked a week ago with no warnings, but I'm more curious if there is a different list/group I should be reading to find out about this stuff?

The deprecation page will be fleshed out for the release of 1.2. You can keep up with edge rails via the changesets and changelogs:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/browser/trunk/actionpack/CHANGELOG

I’m much less excited now …

I was confusing (in my mind) 2.0 with 1.2 –

I can manage to hit all my forms by 2.0 …

What did you replace start_form_tag and end_form_tag with?

Fluffy Hippo wrote: