SQL Server Adapter (2000/2005/2008)

I,ve had this project going for quite a few months now but wanted to make another small announcement and ask a question. First, I now have the de facto "activerecord-sqlserver-adapter" gem name on RubyForge that the establish_connection method likes to use. Second, the adapter now passes all tests for 2.2/2.3 in all versions of SQL Server. Lastly, it is Ruby 1.9 compatible too.

Github Project:

RubyForge Project: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=8023

Now I have a question. I've done pretty good in getting the word out but I have heard that people still install this gem name from gems.rubyonrails.org. How do I get my "maybe official" gem on the the rubyonrails gem server? Perhaps the one on that server should be taken down?

- Thanks,      Ken

Now I have a question. I've done pretty good in getting the word out but I have heard that people still install this gem name from gems.rubyonrails.org. How do I get my "maybe official" gem on the the rubyonrails gem server? Perhaps the one on that server should be taken down?

Hey Ken,

Thanks for taking this work on, it's great to see someone take the ball and run with it. I think the best bet is to just get it removed from our gem server. That'll give you the flexibility to release whenever you want to.

Unfortunately the gem server is on david's personal server, so I've pinged him to get it removed but that may take a while.

Thanks Koz,

Self rant... I would like to just say for the record that I am "not" a windows person. I have been an Apple user since the IIe and I would hate for people to get the impression somehow that a windows person is finally contributing code vs empty ticket threads or even skew my public reputation :slight_smile:

- Ken