I'm resending this since it did not come back to me (and no replies either), so I think it may not have got through at all. Apologies if you receive multiple copies.
Is there a FAQ for this list? Is someone considering setting one up? Perhaps as a collaborative wiki that is kept roughly current and can be referred to directly by list members...
Here are some of the questions that I can think of...
1. How do I set a default homepage? (this is the one that reminded me to ask about a FAQ)
2. How do I upload files?
3. How do I perform a search?
4. What are the form helpers?
5. How do I process images, create thumbnails, etc?
6. Does Rails scale?
7. How does Rails compare with J2EE?
8. Is there anyone really using Rails for a big site? (I can already see you smile)
9. What is a good Rails host?
10. What is a good shared host?
11. Which server OS would you recommend for Rails?
12. Deployment with Apache + FCGI
13. Deployment with Apache + Litespeed
14. Deployment with Apache + Mongrel
15. How do I use RadRails?
16. What is a good editor/ IDE?
17. How do I use Capistrano?
18. How do I create a drop down list from the contents of a table?
19. How do I do user login?
20. Is there a way to do role based access?
21. What are good books to read for Rails?
22. What are good books to read for Ruby?
23. How do I import a CSV?
24. How do I write out a PDF?
25. Why do checkboxes not work as expected?
26. How do I do background tasks?
27. Any good CMS for Rails?
28. Any good tutorials?
29. How do I do internationalization in Rails?
30. How do I use AJAX?
31. Is there a good drop down calendar plugin?
32. Is there a good drop down time plugin? (<<-- I'd like to know)
33. How do I reset sessions?
34. How do I set up Rails?
I just picked up that by scrolling through some of the mails that I have saved over the months... I know all these answers are there somewhere, but I'm just wondering if there's a meta-version that points to the correct places.
Does anyone have the bandwidth to kick start this?