rake migrate to Dreamhost mysql database

Have you ever tried to do a rails migrate to a mysql DB on Dreamhost? I get an error saying "host not allowed to connect to this mysql server. The host specified is "##-##-##-##.dhcp.LOC.mn.charter.com" (Where the '#'s are numbers and LOC is a city code. I'm worried that I'll have to grant acces to the db as "username@host" (ala MySQL :: Re: #HY000Host 'XXX' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server), but I don't know if that strange host value above is really going to be the same day-to-day.

Yes, I've done this. When you created the db you had to supply a host name. I typically use mysql.domain.com. Use this as the host in database.yml.

Yes, this works for me.

You can specify remote access (including wildcards, which you'll probably need) in the Goodies > Manage MySQL > (your user link) > Remote Access field. You can use domains or IP addresses. It's pretty straightforward.

-Paul

Thanks, Paul. That was it...I later figured it out. I just was not following the logic of clicking on the user in the goodies | mySQL area and specifying the user's host.