I am new to the platform.
I have used manual instaaltion.
1) downloaded ruby latestversion and installed. ruby -v = 1.8.6
2) downloaded .zip package of ruby gems, extracted and run setup. gem -
3) downloaded all dependencies rake, activesupport,active record,
actionpack,actionwebservice, actionmailer and installed using - gem
gemname --local command
4) downloaded rails.gem and installed using - gem install rails --
rails -v = Rails 1.2.3
5) added c:\ruby\bin to path variable.
6) created an app using - rails app
7) changed to that folder and issued - ruby script/server
this command gives only the following output
=> Booting WEBrick server...
thats all and when i try to open a browser with http:\\localhost:3000,
it says the page cannot be displayed...
please someone help me.. I am using windows XP with Nortron Internet
Security... I am eally desperate of this and kindly someone help me
of this... please...........