Nested params and redirect_to

I have a simple client search screen that posts the following params:

Parameters: {"search"=>"Search", "action"=>"list", "client_search"=>{"first_name"=>"jane", last_name"=>"smith"}, "controller"=>"client"}

This works fine. However I want to redirect to the same destination to do the search without the intervening screen. I have used the code:     redirect_to :action=>"list", :client_search=>{:first_name => "jane",:last_name=>"smith"}

This does not work.. the parameters appear as:   Parameters: {"action"=>"list", "client_search"=>"last_namesmithfirst_namejane", "controller"=>"client"}

ie it is not nesting the "client_search" hash and I get the following error when trying to update the attributes on the client_search table using these params: NoMethodError (undefined method `stringify_keys!' for "last_namesmithfirst_namejane":String):     E:/RailsApps/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.3/lib/ active_record/base.rb:1668:in `attributes='     E:/RailsApps/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.3/lib/ active_record/base.rb:1591:in `update_attributes'

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and how to get around the problem.

Thanks George

try out the flash:

flash[:client_search] = params[:client_search]

they should then be available in the flash to the next controller instance invoked by the redirect.

good luck Tim

If I do that then the other action that is being redirected to will have to read from flash sometimes and sometimes just use params. I really want to redirect to it as if I was coming from the search screen...

G.