Move from PHP to Rails

Hi,

Recently I designed a web application where I used the technologies ExtJS and PHP. I didnt use any framework for PHP, I started with small framework for DB. Now I want to move that application from PHP to Rails and I want to continue with the same ExtJS. So I dont want to change any of the javascript files for the UI. Anybody knows about how I can do this migration simply.

Thanks, Ramu.

You're going to be needing the Prototype/Scriptaculous adapter, so if you built your own custom ExtJS, you're going to have to rebuild it with the adapter in place.

Going to the UI code, how do you populate your forms? Are they loaded inline, or fetched via AJAX calls?

I don’t see why to be honest. Nowhere in Rails have I seen a dependency on Prototype/Scriptaculous and I know for one that quite a few people are using other libraries (e.g. JQuery) instead. If you want to use the Rails AJAX helpers, something I wouldn’t do if you have already made a whole ExtJS application anyway (since you clearly know your way around Javascript).

Best regards

Peter De Berdt