Fishing for ideas here and would love to hear what you have to say.
I have a Course model that, as you may have guessed, manages my Courses.
A course has:
- A start time (with minutes in 15 minute intervals aka 8:15am, 8:30am,
- An ending time (with minutes in 15 minute intervals aka 1:45pm,
- Days in the week on which the course meets (i.e. Monday, Tuesday and
My end goal is to show the user a "calendar", or grid, with
Monday-Friday on the X axis and 8am-8pm on the Y axis. I would like to
show the classes as colored blocks on the calender so the user could
visually see a class' duration. Something like this:
Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can do this?
Here are 2 ideas that i have had:
1) Create a table with every 4 vertical cells representing 1 hour. Some
how build some logic that as the table's rows are being printed out
figure out if a box needs to be colored or not?
2) Possibly use CSS, a fixed height div, and other inner divs that might
be positioned absolute or use a %... not sure if that would work though.
3) Say screw it! jk
Thank you for taking time to read this.