Job Posting - San Francisco - Developer Needed

Hello, Ruby on Rails Community,

This opportunity is HOT!

Two partners and I have been working on a web startup in an area that's just about to take off. It's socially beneficial and fun, with great upside potential, and limited downside risk. It's a company with a solid revenue model that works from Day One that will fund future development and growth of the company.

We need an experienced website developer familiar with Ruby on Rails, who can work with me to go from a spec for a launch version of the site to production. The application involves user content management and financial transactions such as credit card charges.

I was previously system architect for an award-winning website. I subscribe to the web design principles espoused in the book Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug, and our team embraces the startup philosophy of the book Getting Real by 37signals.

Krug's book advocates clean, simple design that doesn't confuse users or make them work too hard. Getting Real suggests quickly releasing something simple that works, then continuously revising and improving it..

This is a great opportunity for the right person to get in on something with society-changing implications, and the potential for achieving financial independence. We want someone who will contribute their efforts in return primarily for an equity share. We believe that we'll be able to take the concept to launch and quickly be self- funding after that, thereby avoiding dilution of equity due to dependence on venture funding.

If you're interested, please contact me immediately:

Jeff Perrone (415)584-5000 jperrone@well.com

Thanks!

Jeff