images / stylesheets not loading

when I use image_tag or a stylesheet tag, the underlying images or stylesheets aren't loading. Everything used to work properly, but I ran into some errors and have had to change some settings, but nothing relating to image_tag or the stylesheet tag.

It produces this error in the log when trying to process the image:

---------------------log/development.rb--------------------- Processing CatalogController#unknown_request (for 71.16.212.90 at 2008-11-11 13:02:03) [GET]   Session ID: 107f3aa7e7cd544111699d9180b38916   Parameters: {"action"=>"unknown_request", "controller"=>"catalog", "remainder"=>["images", "products", "107-440.jpg"]} Rendering template within layouts/catalog Rendering catalog/unknown_request Completed in 0.00398 (251 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00210 (52%) | DB: 0.00022 (5%) | 200 OK [http://www.mywebsite.com/bpc/images/products/107-440.jpg\]

I realize this might be obvious, but does RAILS_ROOT/public/bpc/images/products/107-440.png exist in the filesystem?

Philip Hallstrom wrote:

Well I think I've sortof figured it out if anyone else is having a similar problem.

The error was a: ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches ...

to fix it, I had to edit my .htaccess file.

It seems that in most cases you are supposed to change this line:    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ dispatch.cgi [QSA,L] To this line:    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ dispatch.fcgi [QSA,L]

But when I changed it back, now everything seems to be working fine. Since I think I'm supposed to be using the fcgi instead of cgi I need to look into it a little more to find out why this is happening.

okay now i got fastcgi working again. i think it ultimately was a problem with order of commands in the .htaccess file. I've included my .htaccess file below if anyone else has this type of problem.

-----------------------------.htaccess------------------------- # General Apache options # AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi AddHandler cgi-script .cgi Options +FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI

# If you don't want Rails to look in certain directories, # use the following rewrite rules so that Apache won't rewrite certain requests