How to report issues with rails guides?

The bottom of the main rails guide says:

Issues may also be reported in Github.

That github link goes to a Github issue tracker for lilo/docrails, which no longer has a Github issue tracker. Other documentation pointed me at the main Rails lighthouse repo, but that has no way to indicate that "this is a documentation error" or to know what person to direct the ticket at.

In my case, I'm a novice-y user reading the Testing guide:

and I see that the table of rake test tasks is confusing and indistinct:

rake db:test:clone Recreate the test database from the current environment’s database schema rake db:test:clone_structure Recreate the test databases from the development structure rake db:test:load Recreate the test database from the current schema.rb rake db:test:prepare Check for pending migrations and load the test schema rake db:test:purge Empty the test database.

So what's the difference between "the current environment's database schema", "the current schema.rb", and "the development structure"? The doc is murky. I'd offer a patch if I knew the answer, but I don't.

The bottom of the main rails guide says:

Issues may also be reported in Github.

That github link goes to a Github issue tracker for lilo/docrails, which no longer has a Github issue tracker. Other documentation pointed me at the main Rails lighthouse repo, but that has no way to indicate that "this is a documentation error" or to know what person to direct the ticket at.

Yes issues were disabled for docrails, edge guides have the link removed from section and it would be good to cherry-pick that to 3-0-stable.

Issues that one does not know how to fix, or that need discussion should be reported to the Rails ticketing system, which is split nowadays between LH and GitHub, but that has a brighter future in the latter :). Please report there and assign them to me for example. There's no strict rule about how to tag issues in general for any aspect of Rails, but you could put "docs", "guides" or whatever you like.

I will revise that Feedback section explaining this.

In my case, I'm a novice-y user reading the Testing guide:

Testing Rails Applications — Ruby on Rails Guides

and I see that the table of rake test tasks is confusing and indistinct:

rake db:test:clone Recreate the test database from the current environment’s database schema rake db:test:clone_structure Recreate the test databases from the development structure rake db:test:load Recreate the test database from the current schema.rb rake db:test:prepare Check for pending migrations and load the test schema rake db:test:purge Empty the test database.

So what's the difference between "the current environment's database schema", "the current schema.rb", and "the development structure"? The doc is murky. I'd offer a patch if I knew the answer, but I don't.

Yes, it is not very clear indeed. Anyone would like to have a stab at finding better descriptions? In that case please fill a ticket for the rake tasks themselves that fixes the guide in addition and I'll apply (please send me a link!).

Also, clone_structure is based on Rails.env, it does not necessarily work with the development structure.