How to go back to using webrick default server

Hi,

I've installed mongrel to check it out and want to go back to using webrick as default when i type server/script to run my server. How can I do this? I know that I can just type server/script webrick but i'd prefer to have it as default.

Thanks

Mrmaster Mrmaster escreveu:

Hi,

I've installed mongrel to check it out and want to go back to using webrick as default when i type server/script to run my server. How can I do this? I know that I can just type server/script webrick but i'd prefer to have it as default.

Thanks   

you can 'gem remove mongrel' or make a alias if you are using unix: alias "webrick=./script/server webrick" (in last case, add also it to your ~/.profile: echo ' alias "webrick=./script/server webrick" ' >> ~/.profile)

Tom Lobato

Or, just start your app: ruby script/server webrick

Try 'gem uninstall mongrel' ( if you have more than one version you will be asked which one ) Dave

Davo wrote:

Try 'gem uninstall mongrel' ( if you have more than one version you will be asked which one ) Dave

On Nov 30, 3:19�pm, Mrmaster Mrmaster <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-

With the unistall command I get this error: mrmaster@mrmaster-laptop:~/Desktop$ gem uninstall mongrel ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::InstallError)     Unknown gem mongrel >= 0

Should I try to reinstall ruby since non of the commands are working?

I'm just curious as to why you want to remove Mongrel, just a general question.

I would really add +1 to the idea of just adding in an alias in your .bashrc file just to make the server easier to start.

Bobnation wrote:

I'm just curious as to why you want to remove Mongrel, just a general question.

I would really add +1 to the idea of just adding in an alias in your .bashrc file just to make the server easier to start.

On Nov 30, 9:47�am, Mrmaster Mrmaster <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-

I really don't know the difference between mongrel and webrick so it is not a technical dislike. I just started out using webrick and wanted to continue using it but more importantly it seems that remove/unistall commands in my gem is broken and I would like to fix them or know how to fix them for the future problems that might occur.

Can you run gem update and that works fine? What gem version are you using?

Bobnation wrote:

Can you run gem update and that works fine? What gem version are you using?

On Nov 30, 10:06�am, Mrmaster Mrmaster <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-

I used gem update and gem update --system and both said nothing to update. I think i'm running gems 1.3.1 but i'm not sure since i can't find the check version command.

If you're running OS X 10.5 and using the system provided install of ruby, the way it is setup means that gem doesn't know how to remove the gems that ship with Leopard (ie the ones in /System/Library/...)

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

If you're running OS X 10.5 and using the system provided install of ruby, the way it is setup means that gem doesn't know how to remove the gems that ship with Leopard (ie the ones in /System/Library/...)

Fred

On Nov 30, 7:43�pm, Mrmaster Mrmaster <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-

I'm using ubuntu 8.10 as mentioned in my first post :).

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Fred

On Nov 30, 7:43�pm, Mrmaster Mrmaster <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-

Sorry that was a different post, well anyway I'm using ubuntu 8.10 with

actionmailer (2.2.2) actionpack (2.2.2) activerecord (2.2.2) activeresource (2.2.2) activesupport (2.2.2) cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.5.0) daemons (1.0.10) fastthread (1.0.1) gem_plugin (0.2.3) mongrel (1.1.5) mysql (2.7) rails (2.2.2) rake (0.8.3)