Error on RoR on Linux

Hi There,

I have installed rails on my linux server. I want to write little apps or use stuff that is out there to improve our business flow. I have played a bit with php and can do some basic stuff on it. I bought the Agile web ...book and Ruby on Rails by Steve Holzner and have done some basic on my windows pc. But, I am having a problem getting the code to run on my linux server. I get this error when I run a app with webrix or simply apache: -

Not Found

The requested URL /rails/store/public/rails/info/properties was not found on this server.

My Rails directory is under /var/www//rails but as you can see it throws in a /rails/info/properties option which, as it says, does not exist.

Can anyone help me work out the problem please? Maybe I should remove php?

I would really really appreciate it

Gig

What linux, and what version? What version of Ruby, Rails, etc, etc.

There are possibly a bazillion answers out there for a question similar to yours, but you need to provide more information in order to qualify those answers.

If you're running Ubuntu, there a lot of help for Rails on Ubuntu on the Ubuntu boards. Other linux versions, I can't answer as I don't use any other linux.

are you using webrick ?

For starting out and just exploring I would not bother with Apache.
Just use webrick and put your application somewhere in your normal login directory and run it from there. When you have the app developed and are thinking about deploying it for further use you can think about other server options. Personally I have installed mongrel and usually use that for a server in development. This is on Ubuntu Hardy.

Norm

Gig wrote: