Can I have Ruby on Rails without json

Hello,

On my Chakra linux machine the json gem would not get compiled,

I already made a issue for that.

But for continuing my project can I have ruby on rails without the json gem ?

And if so, how can I do this ?

Roelof

Nobody who can tell me ?

What is the error you are getting? You’d be better off leaving json in there.

If you are looking for something more lightweight, have you also looked at Sinatra, etc.? http://www.sinatrarb.com/

Here is the bug report I filed in : https://github.com/flori/json/issues/147

Roelof

Here is the bug report I filed in : json gem cannot be installed on chakra linux · Issue #147 · flori/json · GitHub

The line make: /bin/install: Opdracht niet gevonden which translates to Command not found, I think, suggests that you have not got the application /bin/install installed.

Colin

Here is the bug report I filed in : json gem cannot be installed on chakra linux · Issue #147 · flori/json · GitHub

The line make: /bin/install: Opdracht niet gevonden which translates to Command not found, I think, suggests that you have not got the application /bin/install installed.

Or possibly it is installed somewhere else (/usr/bin for example). Perhaps you have a configuration problem so that make is looking in the wrong place.

Colin

Hello,

I can be found at /usr/bin but the gem looks at /bin.

No idea how to solve this except making a softlink but that’s more a work around then a real solution to the problem.

Roelof

Hello,

I can be found at /usr/bin but the gem looks at /bin.

No idea how to solve this except making a softlink but that's more a work around then a real solution to the problem.

You might be better asking on a chakra linux forum as it seems to be an OS issue. Probably to do with paths.

Colin

Fine, The Chakra people say it a json gem problem and say goto the maintainer or the Ror community.

And the community says it’s a chakra problem.

Roelof

Fine, The Chakra people say it a json gem problem and say goto the maintainer or the Ror community. And the community says it's a chakra problem.

No, the community has not said it is a chakra problem (at least I did not), I just suggested you might get help there. It you can't get anything from the json maintainer then it looks as if the workaround of a link is the way to go.

Colin

I apolize but its’s my feeling now.

Chakra said goto the maintainer, I did not hear anything from him.

So I thought the community could help me.

Roelof

I don't think I have done this myself and I may well be wrong but wasn't it that you could satisfy the dependency by installing the json_pure gem?

Since that is 100% ruby there is no compilation.