Application error Rails application failed to start properly"

I've been strugling for days trying to resolve this issue installing a rails project on a hosted server. I keep getting Application error Rails application failed to start properly" when I go to front page of my site. I followed instructions on this thread http://wiki.ocssolutions.com/Troubleshooting_a_Ruby_on_Rails_Application and still no luck I checked dispatch.* for proper ruby line, and permissions 755, I tried running dispatch.* from shell with this result Code:

Status: 404 Not Found Cache-Control: no-cache Content-Length: 606

<html> <head>   <title>Action Controller: Exception caught</title>   <style>     body { background-color: #fff; color: #333; }

body, p, ol, ul, td {       font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;       font-size: 13px;       line-height: 18px;     }

pre {       background-color: #eee;       padding: 10px;       font-size: 11px;     }

a { color: #000; }   </style> </head> <body>

<h1>Routing Error</h1> <p><pre>No route matches &quot;&quot; with {:method=&gt;:get}</pre></

</body> </html>

I tried script/console and got a successfull connect to db, so I know that is not the problem. fastcgi.log says [07/Jan/2008:10:04:03 :: 20987] starting [07/Jan/2008:10:04:03 :: 20987] stopping gracefully

not sure what else to try.. any ideas please Reply With Quote

You need to modify config/routes.rb and add a default route.

I used to host with OCS, email them, they will help you. Unlike a lot of other Rails hosts they actually develop Rails apps, so they know a lot about it.