Ruby on Rails on shared host

Hello,

I built a web app using Ruby on Rails and it's working perfectly on local host but once I move it to production I get this error message: Application error Rails application failed to start properly

I tried to turn environment.rb RAILS_ENV to "development" but still didn't get any useful log or error messages!

The thing is that I know the shared host Fast CGI rails is working because I'm using Redmine (Ruby on Rail project management tool) on the shared host and it's working perfectly. I'm doing the same for my application but I'm getting that error!

I wish you can tell me how I can start debugging or where to start to get better error message so I can proceed.

Thanks,

Tam

I wish you can tell me how I can start debugging or where to start to get better error message so I can proceed.

apache error log, rails log/* [error, production]

Checkout the cpanel error logs.

Ramon Tayag

Ramon Tayag wrote:

apache error log, rails log/* [error, production] Checkout the cpanel error logs.

Thanks for you suggestions. Rails log is empty! production.log and development.log are empty! I also checked CPanel logs (AWStat, Error log, Raw Access log..etc) there wasn't anything help there :frowning:

I couldn't find Apache log. Do you know where to find it? is it same place as .htaccess file?

Try contacting your host as well :slight_smile: This is often host specific. Ramon Tayag

Ramon Tayag wrote:

Try contacting your host as well :slight_smile: This is often host specific. Ramon Tayag

Thanks Ramon and Roger, I finally got that :slight_smile: I made a bit of progress by making the HTML static contents work :smiley:

Ruby code doesn't work for some reason. It's currently using cgi (As per .htaccess file). I'm getting the same message as before when trying to access the Ruby on Rails content.

Is there away to check dispatch.cgi error log??

Thanks,

Tam

this is a painel error shows

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/ TR/html4/strict.dtd">

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>You are not authorized to view this page</TITLE>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=Windows-1252">

<STYLE type="text/css">

BODY { font: 8pt/12pt verdana }

H1 { font: 13pt/15pt verdana }

H2 { font: 8pt/12pt verdana }

this message error occurs in both cases , apache and ruby console

sorry this 2 last messages i post in topic wrong ^^