Anyone using Goldberg for production sites?

Just starting to look at Goldberg and I like what I see so far. However, there’s quite a bit in there. Anyone using Goldberg for production sites? How is the security, flexibility, etc?

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Jake

Bump…anyone at all? I’m certain someone out there has some experience with this?

Thanks!

Jake

What is it? Obviously I can't answer your question, but would like to know what it is. Consider it a free bump :slight_smile:

Fredrik

Jake,

I personally don't although I'm looking into it. I know, though, of a company that does. In the past MtnWestRuby conference a guy from SurgeWorks [1] presented Goldberg and mentioned they use it all the time and that it gives them a great head start when starting new projects for the security and features built in. That presentation is the reason aI am taking another look into Goldberg.

Just my .02 cents :wink:

AEM

[1] http://www.surgeworks.com/

rubynuby wrote:

The goldberg forum appears dead. I think the author must be very busy.

Goldberg 2.0.2 has been released as a gem. It works with Rails >= 2. ONLY, the Goldberg gem 2.0.1 ONLY works with Rails < 2.

I am using Goldberg as the web i/f scaffold for a new project. I have only glossed over its features but have managed a fully customized appearance and colour scheme nonetheless, albeit based on the EWNF template.

The author has been very busy and traveling of late. However, he has plans to revise the authentication scheme to permit multiple roles per userid rather than the strict single inheritance scheme presently used.

James Byrne wrote:

Goldberg 2.0.2 has been released as a gem. It works with Rails >= 2. ONLY, the Goldberg gem 2.0.1 ONLY works with Rails < 2.

That should be goldberg_generator 0.2.1 and 0.2.2