Rails based content management.

Hi Dan,

A couple of things could be said for Goldberg. Based on your original description of your needs, it might be a very good fit. Goldberg gives you a simple CMS where you can create content pages and put them into your site's menu. It also allows you to add your own Rails apps and add their actions to the menu too.

There's an almost-zero learning curve with Goldberg: you code your apps as normal using Rails and just drop them in. You don't have to learn any custom tagging systems or anything. Configuring your apps so they're secure and putting their actions in the menu is done through the web interface.

As linoj noted, you can back out of Goldberg later if you decide it doesn't suit you.

A fresh install of Goldberg bootstraps with some sample data and layouts, so it only takes a few minutes to set it up and give it a go.

But the #1 argument (I think) for Goldberg is that it offers one of the most powerful and flexible security systems of any Rails framework. For controller security, it has a role-based security system that's integrated with navigation: users can only see actions in the menu to which they have permissions. And you can use information about the currently logged-in user and their credentials to implement model and view security.

If you want a blog or something then sure, there are lots of better alternatives out there. But if you want to deploy an enterprise application on the web using Rails, I think (and I'm completely biased of course) Goldberg is the premier choice.

Regards, Dave