An open source ruby on rails shopping cart

Dear Ruby on Rails: Talk

We released an open source shopping cart software written in ruby on rails.

For more details, please visit our website:

You can also take a look at a demo store:

Regards, Robert

good job! :slight_smile:

I will try it for sure!

thanks

Thanks mate!

Robert

Exactly what it says, you haven’t got the RMagick gem installed, which means it can process the product image.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

Hi Rahil,

Peter is correct. Please get RMagick installed before installing the shopping cart. For more details about RMagick, please check: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Robert

Thanks for sharing the application. I'm digging the code and I think there is a lot of good stuff in it, but I'm also surprised sometimes about some implementations I see.

I would suggest an experimental collaborative repository, I'm sure this could be a winning application with some public effort.

At the moment I'm trying to add third level domain support (adv. recipe 83): single application/multi shop would make alot of sense, probably a stronger authentication system, probably an interactive ruby setup script and why not language support!

What I don't understand (on two feet) is having Product.find(1) encoded in templates view, but maybe I'm not aware yet of the full design!

note: if you have a f* version of imagemagik (and I was sure I had a good install..) solve the PNG render issue:

admin_controller.rb, 527 send_data(g.to_blob("JPG"), ...

Hi Emanuele,

Thank you very much for your comments! And your suggestions have been added to our todo list.

What I don't understand (on two feet) is having Product.find(1) encoded in templates view, but maybe I'm not aware yet of the full

Yes Emanuele, you are right. It is not a good design practice, we will get it re-redesigned in next release.

if you have a f* version of imagemagik (and I was sure I had a good install..) solve the PNG render issue:

Thanks for that.

Cheers, Robert

Dear Robert,

I am also having problems with product.find(1) and Rmagic.

It would be great if you can simply the process of Rmagic by a little tutorial on how to make it work with this shopping Cart

Rmagic is perhaps the most confusing gem so far.

I am using Rails 2.1.1, so i request you to kindly guide us for an exact Gem Number and procedure of installation to make it work perfectly.

P.S.:- I am still unable to create any product so far.

Thanks

I really appreciate this cart.

Great Going...

Any chances of getting this in Rails 2.1.1...?

It would be great since rails 2.2 is thread safe and its beta is expected any time soon.

IMP:- an updated details on the required plugins is a must.

just my 2 cents

great work.. the app is very pleasing...

Hi Web,

It would be great if you can simply the process of Rmagic by a little tutorial on how to make it work with this shopping Cart

Yes, I will write a how-to on installing the RMagick lib on both windows and linux, and will post it on our website.

Cheers, Robert

Any chances of getting this in Rails 2.1.1...?

I haven't tested it in rails 2.1.x, but will do it soon.

IMP:- an updated details on the required plugins is a must.

We will update our website to include some documents for required plugins.

Cheers, Robert

Thanks a lot!

Cheers, Robert

Thanks a lot!

Cheers, Robert