about .html and .rhtml,database

how do i make a .html file in the root directory,for example,there is a cart project,how do make a index.html file containing the link to access the files that are in the app directory?

Normaly you won't do that. This would require to set at least read access to the app directory (or create an alias to it, anyway don't allow people to read the app dir, since it contains your code) Plain html goes in the public folder, preferably a subfolder like /docs

link_to("load", "/docs/myfile.html")

But that's exceptional, normaly you'll html.erb files and serve them from your controller/action with the render command

when deploy a project,where the mysql database will be put on the server?when i develop my project,my database was in the C:\InstantRails\mysql\data directory.

Whereever you want, the thing must not be on the same server. It'll run on any machine and you'll tell Rails how to access it in the configfile database.yml

Thorsten Mueller wrote:

how do i make a .html file in the root directory,for example,there is a cart project,how do make a index.html file containing the link to access the files that are in the app directory?

Normaly you won't do that. This would require to set at least read access to the app directory (or create an alias to it, anyway don't allow people to read the app dir, since it contains your code) Plain html goes in the public folder, preferably a subfolder like /docs

link_to("load", "/docs/myfile.html")

Thank you a lot! link_to("load", "/docs/myfile.html") tell me how to access the .html files in the public directory.But i want an index.html file in the root directory that can access the .rhtml files in the app directory.I don't like that,but my server provider ask me to have an index.html file in the public_html directory that is an folder on the server.So i have to make an index.html as a home page to access my other files in the app direcrory. Can you help me to resolve that?

The only way you'll be able to do this is to setup a specific route for "index.html" that forwards off to a controller. Any .html files you put in public/ are static only and not a part of the Rails stack (aka no Erb). If you have an example we can work with, we can try to figure out a solution for ya.

Jason

Jason Roelofs wrote:

The only way you'll be able to do this is to setup a specific route for "index.html" that forwards off to a controller. Any .html files you put in public/ are static only and not a part of the Rails stack (aka no Erb). If you have an example we can work with, we can try to figure out a solution for ya.

Jason

I have attachted my project just containing the app directory.Please download it.Now i have uploaded my project as a whole in the public_html directory on the server.My server provider also asks me to make an index.html in this public_html direcrory so that it is treated as the home page.So when input the domain www.omega.com,the index.html will be showed in the browser.As a result ,i have to set the link in the index.html file to access other actions or .rhtml files. For example ,if i want access the index action in the store controller,how do i set a link in the .html file which is in the public_html direcroty to access that action?

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/2139/cart1.rar

Jason Roelofs wrote:

Jason

I have attachted my project just containing the app directory.Please download it.Now i have uploaded my project as a whole in the
public_html directory on the server.My server provider also asks me to make an index.html in this public_html direcrory so that it is treated as the home page.So when input the domain www.omega.com,the index.html will
be showed in the browser.As a result ,i have to set the link in the

Don't create an index.html if you don't want one (you can use map.root
(in routes.rb) to set what controller & action are displayed when the
root of your site is accessed.

Fred