Working With Edge ; Working With Active Resource

I want to really start trying the stuff in edge and of course freezing an app to edge is simple.

A couple of questions:

1. What's the best/easiest way to use the new edge generators, etc... When I run script/generate, even on an app frozen to edge, I get the stuff from my gem install. I know the script files are buried somewhere in the vendor/rails/* stuff but I was wondering how people usually handle this.

2. What's the best way to get ActiveResource running? I know that it's not a standard part of edge. I can grab it from SVN but there is configuration beyond that to have it be available, yes?

Thanks!

H

Which generator are you talking about ? If you have the latest edge (don't ask me the version right now) you can get your restful crud set up with script/generate scaffold_resource mymodel (whatever your model is)

This will generate the controller - mymodels the model, migration and all the views.

Stuart

You're right, this did work. I don't know if I did this wrong before but it is working now just fine - thanks.

Any ideas on the ActiveResource stuff?

You're right, this did work. I don't know if I did this wrong before but it is working now just fine - thanks.

Any ideas on the ActiveResource stuff?

You may want to check this link: http://www.ryandaigle.com/articles/2006/06/30/whats-new-in-edge-rails-activeresource-is-here

I haven't read it through completely but it should help.

Stuart

iirc, for ActiveResource you need to svn export edge rails, or set svn externals. It's not included when you freeze edge (don't ask me why).

Pat

Thanks. I'm still on the hunt for instructions on getting ActiveResource going. I can get the code easily enough but I'm not sure how to get Rails to load it as it loads the other modules. I'll try and figure it out.