I was working this morning, trying to clean up my project and I did
something that sent migrations to hell-in-a-hand-basket.
I tried to run rake db:migrate --trace I got the following error msg:
** Invoke db:migrate (first_time)
** Invoke environment (first_time)
** Execute environment
Mysql::Error: Table 'rt_dev.priorities' doesn't exist: SELECT * FROM
`priorities` LIMIT 1
I looked at the environment.rb and noticed one thing that was
"abnormal" from my experience. I had cut-pasted the following
config.gem 'thoughtbot-factory_girl', :lib =>
'factory_girl', :source => 'http://gems.github.com'
So I changed it to
config.gem 'thoughtbot-factory_girl', :lib =>false, :source =>
to look like the other config.gem lines and everything went back to
normal. I have since moved all of them to the config/environments/
test.rb and cucumber.rb since that was where I needed them.
My question that I hope some guru will answer for my own education:
Why did thaving the clause " :lib => 'factory_girl' " cause problems
Just want to attain a higher level of understanding.