webpage has a redirect loop error pls help me

i have installed fedena (rails application) in my website

i have installed all plugins, gems, created and migrated the db.

i have created the symbolic link like this

ln -s ~/fedena/public ~/public_html

i use this tutorial: http://kb.site5.com/ruby-on-rails/how-to-deploy-a-rails-3-application-with-phusion-passenger/

when visiting my webpage it shows

This webpage has a redirect loop

so please help me. i am a newbie.i have tried to install this application for the last one month. i think i have reached the final step. so please help me to solve this error.i will be very thankful to you.

i have attached the .htaccess file and config/routes.rb file

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/8617/htaccess http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/8618/routes.rb

Just kind of curious, in reading through the tutorial, it doesn't mention actually installing and setting up passenger. Have you done that already and is that working as it should?

Thank you for your reply. I have hosted my site in site5 and phusion passenger is already installed. And my error is when i access my webpage it shows this webpage has a redirect loop. The site has been redirected to www.technoadmin.com/user/dashboard but it should redirect to www.technoadmin.com/login. Please guide me to solve the error.

muthu b. wrote in post #1115772:

Thank you for your reply. I have hosted my site in site5 and phusion passenger is already installed. And my error is when i access my webpage it shows this webpage has a redirect loop. The site has been redirected to www.technoadmin.com/user/dashboard but it should redirect to www.technoadmin.com/login. Please guide me to solve the error.

Guys please help me to resolve this error. I tried almost everything and i am not able resolve the error

And my error is when i access my webpage it shows this webpage has a redirect loop. The site has been redirected to

www.technoadmin.com/user/dashboard and it shows nothing except the redirect loop error. but it should redirect to the login page of application. Please guide me to solve the error.

Is it getting to your rails app? If so what is in the rails log file?

Colin

Thank you Colin Law for your reply. i am newbie in ruby on rails. this is the logfile of my app (fedena) in prouction environment.please help me to resolve the issue.

# Logfile created on Fri Jul 26 14:55:03 +0530 2013

Processing UserController#login (for 182.73.241.18 at 2013-07-26 15:00:48) [GET]   Parameters: {"action"=>"login", "controller"=>"user"} [FedenaRescue] No method error undefined method `config_value' for nil:NilClass

NoMethodError (undefined method `config_value' for nil:NilClass):   app/controllers/application_controller.rb:319:in `set_user_language'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:178:in `send'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:178:in `evaluate_method'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:166:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:225:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:629:in `run_before_filters'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:615:in `call_filters'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:610:in `perform_action_without_benchmark'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:68:in `perform_action_without_rescue'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:68:in `perform_action_without_rescue'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:160:in `perform_action_without_flash'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/flash.rb:146:in `perform_action'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/base.rb:532:in `send'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/base.rb:532:in `process_without_filters'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:606:in `process'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/base.rb:391:in `process'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/base.rb:386:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/routing/route_set.rb:437:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:87:in `dispatch'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:121:in `_call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:130:in `build_middleware_stack'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.5/lib/active_record/query_cache.rb:29:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.5/lib/active_record/query_cache.rb:29:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.5/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/query_cache.rb:34:in `cache'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.5/lib/active_record/query_cache.rb:9:in `cache'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.5/lib/active_record/query_cache.rb:28:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.5/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:361:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/string_coercion.rb:25:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/params_parser.rb:15:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/session/cookie_store.rb:93:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/failsafe.rb:26:in `call'   vendor/bundle/ruby/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:106:in `call'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/rack/request_handler.rb:96:in `process_request'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_request_handler.rb:513:in `accept_and_process_next_request'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_request_handler.rb:274:in `main_loop'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/classic_rails/application_spawner.rb:321:in `start_request_handler'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/classic_rails/application_spawner.rb:275:in `send'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/classic_rails/application_spawner.rb:275:in `handle_spawn_application'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/utils.rb:479:in `safe_fork'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/classic_rails/application_spawner.rb:270:in `handle_spawn_application'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:357:in `__send__'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:357:in `server_main_loop'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:206:in `start_synchronously'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:180:in `start'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/classic_rails/application_spawner.rb:149:in `start'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:219:in `spawn_rails_application'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:132:in `lookup_or_add'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:214:in `spawn_rails_application'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:82:in `synchronize'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:79:in `synchronize'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:213:in `spawn_rails_application'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:132:in `spawn_application'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:275:in `handle_spawn_application'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:357:in `__send__'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:357:in `server_main_loop'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:206:in `start_synchronously'   /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/passenger-3.0.9/helper-scripts/passenger-spawn-server:99

Redirected to technoadmin.com

Thank you Colin Law for your reply. i am newbie in ruby on rails.

If you want to use Rails I suggest that you work right through a good tutorial such as railstutorial.org, which is free to use online.

this is the logfile of my app (fedena) in prouction environment.please help me to resolve the issue.

# Logfile created on Fri Jul 26 14:55:03 +0530 2013

Processing UserController#login (for 182.73.241.18 at 2013-07-26 15:00:48) [GET]   Parameters: {"action"=>"login", "controller"=>"user"} [FedenaRescue] No method error undefined method `config_value' for nil:NilClass

NoMethodError (undefined method `config_value' for nil:NilClass):   app/controllers/application_controller.rb:319:in `set_user_language'

At that line of code you are calling config_value on something that is nil.

If you are just trying to get Fedana going but do not want to learn about Rails then you would probably be better on the Fedena forum.

Colin

NoMethodError (undefined method `config_value' for nil:NilClass):   app/controllers/application_controller.rb:319:in `set_user_language'

Colin please guide me to solve the error.

These are the lines from 310 to 325 in my application_controller.rb

return @local_tzone_time   end

private   def set_user_language     lan = Configuration.find_by_config_key("Locale")     I18n.default_locale = :en     Translator.fallback(true)     if session[:language].nil?       I18n.locale = lan.config_value     else       I18n.locale = session[:language]     end     News.new.reload_news_bar   end end

My first thing is to solve errors in my installation. i am learning rails but i am not able to solve the errors occur in my installation. the fedena forum is not replying for my errors. so please guide me to solve the errors.

Colin please guide me to solve the error.

These are the lines from 310 to 325 in my application_controller.rb

return @local_tzone_time   end

private   def set_user_language     lan = Configuration.find_by_config_key("Locale")     I18n.default_locale = :en     Translator.fallback(true)     if session[:language].nil?       I18n.locale = lan.config_value

As I said you are calling config_value on a variable that is nil. Sol lan is nil. Presumably the call of Configuration.find_by_config_key("Locale") is not finding the key. I imagine there is a fedina config file you have to setup that should contain a Locale setting.

Colin

try this in your fedena installation directory

rake fedena:plugins:install_all

could you share your error log please ??

You realise this is from a post back in July? I expect the guy either solved his problem or has given up, but did not have the courtesy to reply.

Colin