Redirect loop

I have one record in a database that is encountering a redirect loop.

When I point my browser to "www.sitenamehere.co.uk/case_studies/1", it displays a redirect loop error message.

When I point my browser to "www.sitenamehere.co.uk/case_studies/2", it does not.

Now, when I point my browser to "www.sitenamehere.co.uk/case_studies/show/1", no error occurs and the page is displayed exactly as it should.

Also, when I point my browser to "www.sitenamehere.co.uk/case_studies/show/2", no error occurs and the page is displayed exactly as it should.

What is the problem here? My routes are set up correctly when I review the output of rake routes.

If there's any code you need, please ask. However, I assume someone has encountered this before.

So what's different about that record? I'd bet it includes or references some resource that's the problem.

-Dave

Dave Aronson wrote:

Pale Horse wrote:

Dave Aronson wrote:

I have one record in a database that is encountering a redirect loop.

So what's different about that record? I'd bet it includes or references some resource that's the problem.

-Dave

--

[...]

Surely if that were true, it'd error when I pass in the 'show' action into the URL?

That depends on how your routes are set up.

Best,

What is the problem here? My routes are set up correctly when I review the output of rake routes.

Look at your log files to see where the browser is being redirected & by what bit of your code

Fred