Web Services Implementation

Hi Friends,

How are you all ?? hope you are doing well.

I am going implement web services in rails so thought to ask you any suggestions or hints or links, sources related to web services in rails.

Also let me know if there is any rails version dependencies connected with web services.

Please provide me some guidance if any one work for web service implementations in rails. it will be great help.

Thanks in advance. Piyush.

Piyush with Rails wrote:

Please provide me some guidance if any one work for web service implementations in rails. it will be great help.

The first thing you're going to discover is that Rails is very opinionated about how to do web services. Rails is very much (as am I) in the REST web service camp. REST is very integrated into the workflow of Rails application since version 2.0.

In fact the older SOAP based web service support was removed from the core of Rails with the release of Rails 2.0. The SOAP support is not moved out to a separate gem and might be getting maintained by someone.

Maybe this would work if you really feel you must do SOAP, or are forced to for some reason: