Version Confusion

Hi All,

I've taken a step back after my last post and I'm reviewing what I have installed before looking for newer correct tutorials.

I installed everything initially last weekend (15/09/2012) including Ruby, RoR and RubyMine. I've just opened a Command Prompt on my win 7 64bit box and ran:

rails --version

which to my surprise returned 2.3.14

I then ran:

gem install rails

Which output:

Successfully installed rails-3.2.8 1 gem installed Installing ri documentation for rails-3.2.8... Installing RDoc documentation for rails-3.2.8...

Then running rails --version again still outputs 2.3.14

I'm a bit confused why a new install (following the instructions here http://rubyonrails.org/download) seems to have installed a very old version.

How do I get the latest install?

Cheers,

Jam

1) Did you try shutting your command window and opening a new one and then typing rails --verson?

2) Post the value of your PATH environment variable.

Hi 7stud,

1) Did you try shutting your command window and opening a new one and then typing rails --verson?

I did a couple of times, does the same even after a reboot.

2) Post the value of your PATH environment variable.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Common F iles\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\ Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Pro gram Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program File s (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Users\Jammer\AppData\Local\Smartbar\Application\; C:\Program Files\TortoiseHg\;C:\Users\Jammer\AppData\Local\Smartbar\Application\ ;C:\Ruby193\bin

Cheers,