Using desert_routes from a plugin in my own app?, no routes to match

I have migrated a vendor/plugins/community_engine plugin from the vendor directory to my own directory since I require that many changes that its no longer a good idea to keep the vendor folder for it.

Everything works after some hiates only the stock desert_routes.rb ( http://pastie.org/983312 ) I cannot seem to link to my application.

Inside routes.rb in my app config folder there was listed something like

ActionController::Routing::Routes.draw do |map|   map.routes_from_plugin :community_engine   map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'   map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format' end

This would have previously loaded /vendor/plugins/community_engine/ config/desert_routes.rb

Does anyone know how I can use these desert_routes in my main app when I no longer use the vendor folder for community engine? Or if there is a way to convert them to regular routes.rb

I have tried to do something like

ActionController::Routing::Routes.draw do |map|   map.routes_from_plugin :resource_controller   map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'   map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format' end

Since resource_controller is an existing plugin in my /vendor/plugins/ resource_controller thinking I was "smart" to try making it load this way, but this did not work.

Now my app just shows no routes on any action. Anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this? Many thanks in advanche