Uploading multiple files with will_paginate

hey all

i'm using attachment_fu to add 'documents' (the attached class) to a forum post (in our app). It's all working fine for a single document - on the new post page i just have a file_field which sets "post[document]", which calls my Post# document= method, which builds a document for that post:

def document=(file)     self.documents.build(:uploaded_data => file)   end

Then the post is saved and it's all good.

I thought it would be nice to be able to add multiple documents at once. So, instead of writing to "post[document]" in the form, i'm writing to "post[documents]", and i get an array of files through. I then do this -

def documents=(files)     files.each{|file| self.document = file}   end

expecting that this would build three documents, and that when i saved the post then the documents would get created. However, i'm getting this error, when i try to do the Post.build(params[:post]) in the controller:

Document(#-635202458) expected, got ActionController::UploadedTempfile(#-613987618)

Is it the case that there's some rails magic going on here, and we're not really dealing with file objects after all, but a tempfile, of which there can only be one? (like in highlander) Or something else?

Grateful for any guidance... max