Upgrade issue

I upgraded from rails 1.1.6 to 1.2.3 and suddenly the db migration stopped working...

I had the following in my migration script.

create_table :data_feeds do |t|       # t.column :name, :string       t.column :id, :integer       t.column :date, :date       t.column :domain, :string       #...... (some lines cut here)     end

So Rails generated the following code, which stopped working in my MySQL 5 after the migration.

CREATE TABLE data_feeds (`id` int(11) DEFAULT NULL auto_increment PRIMARY KEY(11), `date` date DEFAULT NULL, `domain` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL) ENGINE=InnoDB;

The error message was:

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(11),

`date` date DEFAULT NULL, `domain` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL) ENGINE=Inn' at line 2

So I deleted the suspicious "(11)" at the end of the 2nd line and everything works. Now the question is, the sql statement are auto-generated by rails. So how can I tell Rails not to put the "(11)" at the end, or is there a configuiration issue?

Thanks!

Well… you have

t.column :id, :integer

in your migration. You don’t have to declare the :id column in a migration… you’ve never had to as it’s automatically assumed. I wonder if that’s causing your issue.

Hope that helps!

-Brian Hogan