Rails 2.1 migrations default value problem

I am using Rails 2.1 and mysql.

I have a very simple migration:

class CreateTasks < ActiveRecord::Migration

def self.up     create_table :tasks do |t|       t.column :job_id, :integer, :null => false       t.column :name, :string, :null => false       t.column :description, :string       t.column :actual, :number, :null => true     end   end

def self.down     drop_table :tasks   end end

When I run this, the SQL that is generated is broken:

CREATE TABLE `tasks` (`id` int(11) DEFAULT NULL auto_increment PRIMARY KEY, `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `description` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL NULL, `actual` number DEFAULT NULL NULL) ENGINE=InnoDB

Note the DEFAULT NULL NULL, after the description and actual columns - and also the default NULL after the id column which I don't think should be there either - am I doing something totally stupid, or is something broken here?

I have used migrations successfully on Rails 1.x and 2.0 on this machine before OS X Tiger.

Seems I was doing something stupid - :number is not a correct column type - changing it to :decimal sorts the problem. Definitely a strange error though!

Well, the new sexyosity is that you say instead:

t.integer :job_id, :null => false

So--you call a method named after the datatype on the table block var, the first arg is the field name & other args get tacked on afterwards.

That said, I would have expected the older style to be supported still--and judging from the sql there it looks like it's trying. Dunno. Someone here will tho, I don't doubt...