undefined method `load_paths=' for Dependencies:Module

I've been working on an app, and had a friend check it out to his machine. I've got rails and all my plugins set up with svn:externals, so when he svn ups it he gets all the latest stuff. I've just svn up'd both machines so we're running the same versions of everything. We're also running the same version of ruby (1.8.4). As far as I can tell, our configs are exactly the same.

The migration works fine on my machine. On his machine, we get:

Robook:~/dev/laliga/trunk bjclark$ rake db:migrate --trace (in /Users/bjclark/dev/laliga/trunk) ** Invoke db:migrate (first_time) ** Invoke environment (first_time) ** Execute environment rake aborted! undefined method `load_paths=' for Dependencies:Module /Users/bjclark/dev/laliga/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:134:in `set_autoload_paths' /Users/bjclark/dev/laliga/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:83:in `process' /Users/bjclark/dev/laliga/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:42:in `run' /Users/bjclark/dev/laliga/trunk/config/../config/environment.rb:13 /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:in `require' /Users/bjclark/dev/laliga/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/tasks/misc.rake:3 /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake.rb:387:in `execute' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake.rb:357:in `invoke' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/thread.rb:135:in `synchronize' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake.rb:350:in `invoke' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake.rb:364:in `invoke_prerequisites' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake.rb:999:in `each' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake.rb:363:in `invoke_prerequisites' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake.rb:356:in `invoke' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/thread.rb:135:in `synchronize' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake.rb:350:in `invoke' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake.rb:1906:in `run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/bin/rake:7 /usr/local/bin/rake:18

Any idea what's going on?

Pat, did you ever find out what was causing the problem you mention below? I'm hitting it as well, I'm on Mac, and have frozen our project to edge rails. Migrations work fine for me, but my partner, running on Windows, is having the problem you speak of below.

I'd love to find a solution if you know of one...thanks!

Pat Maddox wrote:

Nope, I was hoping that someone on the list might know and respond..no such luck.

Pat

Pat,

We ended up finding the problem, it was the fact that we had the rails_rcov plugin installed, but didn't have the rcov gem installed. Running gem install rcov cleared it up. If that helps you, great!

Cameron