Table Unknown - SCHEMA_INFO

Hi all, Sorry for another newbie question! I've got a legacy firebird database which I wish to use, and thanks to help from this group I've used Dr Nic's Magic Models to get RoR talking to the database. However, I wish to create a new table ("reports") in this database, and so generated the scaffold such that the file "db/migrate/ 001_create_reports.rb" is as follows:

class CreateReports < ActiveRecord::Migration   def self.up     create_table :reports do |t|       t.string :name       t.string :description       t.string :location       t.timestamps     end   end

def self.down     drop_table :reports   end end

When I attempt to migrate this (rake db:migrate), I get the following error:

FireRuby::FireRubyException: Error preparing a SQL statement. Dynamic SQL Error SQL error code = -204 Table unknown SCHEMA_INFO At line 1, column 21. Undefined name SQL Code = -204 Firebird Code = 335544569 : SELECT version FROM schema_info

I've tried running it with --trace, and going through the trace, but I can't make any sense out of why this is happening. I've also obviously tried googling, thinking someone must have encountered this before, but with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help.

i can't help you with too much details, but maybe some related info: schema_info is a default table created by Rails. if you use an existing db (or otherwise created, but not by rails) this will be missing. in this table there is a single col named 'version' in which the current migration state is stored (eg 1, after running your 001_create_reports.rb)

maybe it's enough to create this table and set version to 0, but i don't know if it's a good idea, to mix migrations with an existing db that way (should do if you just add tables)

Thanks very much for your reply. So just to clarify, I'm probably best off just scrapping what I've done, adding the new table to the existing database, and starting all over again?