Problem loading data from database

Hello, I get this error trying to load some data from DB. I'm using Rails 1.2.2 on Fedora Core 6 and Sybase adapter. This worked fine when application run under Rails 1.1.6 but now I'm migrating to 1.2.2 and have some problems.

At browser I got:

SQL Command for table_structure for tplib_bckps failed Message: schema_info not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

And in the log file:

Setting row count to (0) SQL Command failed! ** SybSQLContext Server Message: **   Message number 208 Severity 16 State 1 Line 1   Server SYBDESA   Procedure   Message String: schema_info not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

SQL (0.000000) RuntimeError: SQL Command Failed for : SELECT version FROM schema_info Message: schema_info not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output). : SELECT version FROM schema_info

Someone got this error?, any help?

Eduardo Yáñez Parareda wrote:

Hello, I get this error trying to load some data from DB. I'm using Rails 1.2.2 on Fedora Core 6 and Sybase adapter. This worked fine when application run under Rails 1.1.6 but now I'm migrating to 1.2.2 and have some problems.

At browser I got:

SQL Command for table_structure for tplib_bckps failed Message: schema_info not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

And in the log file:

Setting row count to (0) SQL Command failed! ** SybSQLContext Server Message: **   Message number 208 Severity 16 State 1 Line 1   Server SYBDESA   Procedure   Message String: schema_info not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).

SQL (0.000000) RuntimeError: SQL Command Failed for : SELECT version FROM schema_info Message: schema_info not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output). : SELECT version FROM schema_info

Someone got this error?, any help?

schema_info is a small table that Rails uses to track which version of your db migrations is in your database.

If you run "rake db:migrate" it should build it for you automatically.

In MySQL the table looks like this:

schema_info is a small table that Rails uses to track which version of your db migrations is in your database.

but I don't need any migrations. I work on a legacy database. Where could I declare that I don't need migrations? I've removed migrations directory from db directory, but it gives me the same error.

Eduardo Yáñez Parareda wrote:

but I don't need any migrations. I work on a legacy database. Where could I declare that I don't need migrations? I've removed migrations directory from db directory, but it gives me the same error.

Sorry I don't know why Rails would be trying to access that table if you aren't running a migration task. You may want to try and trace through and see what statements are triggering that SQL to be run.