Strange scaffolding bug for Rails 2.3.2

Hello!

This is my first post, so plz be patient :slight_smile: I discovered a strange bug in Rails 2.3.2: Tested with various DB-Configs (SQLite 3 & MySQL)

Just create a new & fresh rails app and generate a scaffold like this:

ruby script/generate scaffold koerperpartie name:string

and run rake db:migrate and rake:test

--> there seems to be a problem with "koerperpartie_path"

I can reproduce this error on others systems too.

btw "koerperpartie" means "bodypart" :wink:

greetz

thomas jansing

Hello!

This is my first post, so plz be patient :slight_smile: I discovered a strange bug in Rails 2.3.2: Tested with various DB-Configs (SQLite 3 & MySQL)

Just create a new & fresh rails app and generate a scaffold like this:

ruby script/generate scaffold koerperpartie name:string

and run rake db:migrate and rake:test

--> there seems to be a problem with "koerperpartie_path"

I'm guessing at what the problem is since I haven't tried this (tip for next time: describe exactly what it is that didn't work), but my money would be on rails incorrectly pluralizing/singularizing your non english model name.

Fred

You got that right (of course) Fred

"rake routes"

koerperparties GET /koerperparties(.:format) {:action=>"index", :controller=>"koerperparties"}                   POST /koerperparties(.:format) {:action=>"create", :controller=>"koerperparties"} new_koerperparty GET /koerperparties/new(.:format) {:action=>"new", :controller=>"koerperparties"} edit_koerperparty GET /koerperparties/:id/edit(.:format) {:action=>"edit", :controller=>"koerperparties"}      koerperparty GET /koerperparties/:id(.:format) {:action=>"show", :controller=>"koerperparties"}                   PUT /koerperparties/:id(.:format) {:action=>"update", :controller=>"koerperparties"}                   DELETE /koerperparties/:id(.:format) {:action=>"destroy", :controller=>"koerperparties"}                          /:controller/:action/:id                          /:controller/:action/:id(.:format)

Before issuing the "script/generate scaffold..." command add this to "config/initializers/inflections.rb":

ActiveSupport::Inflector.inflections do |inflect|   inflect.irregular 'koerperpartie', 'koerperparties' # or whatever the plural really is end

Then "script/generate scaffold..." and the following "rake db:migrate", "rake test" will make you smile...