Strange image display issue

In my .html.erb I wrote:

   <%= image_tag @displayPath %> <br>

@displayPath = 'invalid_plot.png' when the .erb is rendered.

Viewing the page source in FF I find:

   <img alt="Invalid_plot" src="/images/invalid_plot.png" /> <br>

The file exist in <rails_root>/images, but FF fails to display the .png.
Instead the als text is displayed.

Entering /home/devel/Aptana RadRails
Workspace/rails_root/images/invalid_plot.png into FF displays the
content of the file.

What is wrong?

Fritz Trapper wrote:

In my .html.erb I wrote:

   <%= image_tag @displayPath %> <br>

@displayPath = 'invalid_plot.png' when the .erb is rendered.

What's with the camelCase? That should be @display_path.

Viewing the page source in FF I find:

   <img alt="Invalid_plot" src="/images/invalid_plot.png" /> <br>

The file exist in <rails_root>/images, but FF fails to display the .png.
Instead the als text is displayed.

Entering /home/devel/Aptana RadRails
Workspace/rails_root/images/invalid_plot.png into FF displays the
content of the file.

What is wrong?

Your image should be in RAILS_ROOT/public/images . Remember that the
public directory is the actual webroot.

Best,

Hi Fritz,

Do you have a public directory? Images should be inside the public
images directory so browsers can have access. Is FF the only browser
that will not render the image?

Also, can you go to http://www.yourdomain.com/images/invalid_plot.png ?

Chris

Fritz Trapper wrote:

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Your image should be in RAILS_ROOT/public/images . Remember that the
public directory is the actual webroot.

Now it works, thanks

Chris Kershaw wrote:

Also, can you go to http://www.yourdomain.com/images/invalid_plot.png ?

This is, what I did - it doesn't work. Moving the file to
.../public/images works.