Strange authlogic logout behavior

I am using authlogic for my application's authentication. If I decide to login with an account and then immediately logout, I get an error.

Unknown action

The action 'show' could not be found for UserSessionsController

The server log in development says:

Started GET "/user_session" for 127.0.0.1 at Sun Nov 07 13:28:31 -0800 2010

AbstractController::ActionNotFound (The action 'show' could not be found for UserSessionsController):

Rendered /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-3.0.1/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/templates/rescues/unknown_action.erb within rescues/layout (0.9ms)

Now if I login and the click on some other links within the application and then logout, the logout function works as it should.

user_sessions controller [code] class UserSessionsController < ApplicationController before_filter :require_no_user, :only => [:new, :create]   before_filter :require_user, :only => :destroy

def new     @user_session = UserSession.new   end

def create     @user_session = UserSession.new(params[:user_session])     if @user_session.save       flash[:notice] = "Login successful!"       redirect_to :controller => "list"     else       render :action => :new     end   end

def destroy     current_user_session.destroy     flash[:notice] = "Logout complete. Have a nice day!"     redirect_to root_url   end end

[/code]

application layout file snippet [code] <% if current_user %> <li><a><%= link_to current_user.login, edit_user_path(:current) %></a></li> <li><%= link_to "logout", user_session_path, :method => :delete %></li> <% else %>

<li><%= link_to "log In", new_user_session_path %></li>

<% end %> [/code]

The controller I redirect to after login didn't have all of the javascript files included in its unique layout. I changed the layout there to include all of the files and now the logout works properly.