Steps to use Ruby on rails

Can anyone help me with steps how to build a web application using ruby on rails with MySQL being the backend.I am using Fedora 9 as my operating system.

Can u post a simple program for building a web application. Also the steps to comiple this web application as I am confused how we compile a web application that uses ruby on rails and mysql.

Nik Kumar wrote:

Can anyone help me with steps how to build a web application using ruby on rails with MySQL being the backend.I am using Fedora 9 as my operating system.

Can u post a simple program for building a web application. Also the steps to comiple this web application as I am confused how we compile a web application that uses ruby on rails and mysql.

You need to start by reading some of the materials available on the web. About Ruby, about Rails, about developing Ruby and Rails applications. There are a host of tutorials on how to build a simple Rails application. And I imagine that on some Fedora forums you'll find people who are working with Rails, and could more directly answer technical questions about Ruby/Rails on Fedora 9.

Go forth and do your homework first, then come back with more specific Rails questions about what you don't understand.

I would recommend checking out the Rails Guides[1], specifically the Getting Started Guide[2].

This should get on the right track. Hope this helps.

[1] http://guides.rubyonrails.org [2] Getting Started with Rails — Ruby on Rails Guides

Cheers, Nicholas