Static content location

I have some staic content (pdf files) that I want to link to.

I have created a /pdfs folder below public and it works fine.

Can I link to a folder somewhere else as every time I update the app I have to be careful not to wipe out all the pdfs as all I do is replace the whole application directory tree...

Thanks G

rsync is your friend. Check it out with man rsync.

That is...assuming you're sane and using some form of UNIX based machine. << kidding please don't flame me :slight_smile:

You could just use a symlink:

app in ~/myapp pdfs in ~/static/pdfs

ln -s ~/static/pdfs ~/myapp/public/pdfs

You could also start updating your app via svn, set svn:ignore on the pdfs dir and be happy.

One assumes you're on unix, the other assumes you're using subversion (which you can do on windows too).

Afraid customers server is Windows....

Not using svn ... not sure if that would help.. surely svn would be my source control repository.. what has that got to do with the customers server? How would I update their server using svn? I dont even have a connection to it!

Maybe I am missing something. When I looked at subversion it was remarkably unfriendly.. is there a good set of instructions somewhere?

Cheers G

giorgio wrote:

Afraid customers server is Windows....

Not using svn ... not sure if that would help.. surely svn would be my source control repository.. what has that got to do with the customers server? How would I update their server using svn? I dont even have a connection to it!

Maybe I am missing something. When I looked at subversion it was remarkably unfriendly.. is there a good set of instructions somewhere?

I find the guide book that comes with TortoiseSVN quite friendly. Just search up the TortoiseSVN project - it's linked from there. Hope this helps.

Cheers G    Cheers, Mohit. 6/27/2007 | 10:58 AM.