Sinatra: jquery displays ruby code when calling for an update. a little help please.

Hey all,

So I'm running into an issue with jquery when making an ajax call to retrieve a string. It comes back displaying the entire chunk of code rather than rendering it in my erb file... I'm confused.

Here's the actual code hopefully someone can help before I pull my hair out.

----results.js--- $(function() {   $(".search_box").live("keyup", function() {     $.getScript("/javascripts/index.js.erb");     return false;   }); });

--- index.js.erb --- $("#jresults").html('<%= escape_javascript(erb(:results, :layout => false)) %>');

This works for the most part but the <%= escape_javascript(erb (:results, :layout => false)) %> actually displays in my view when I call for the update. Looking at the source it looks like the original data is there also.

Has anyone ran into this before? I'm sure it's a big red truck but right I can't figure it out for the life of me.

OH and before I forget I'm using Sinatra for this app.

Hey all,

So I'm running into an issue with jquery when making an ajax call to retrieve a string. It comes back displaying the entire chunk of code rather than rendering it in my erb file... I'm confused.

Here's the actual code hopefully someone can help before I pull my hair out.

You omitted the most relevant of code: the ruby code processing the request. Given that rails is not involved at all, the sinatra google group may be more relevant.

Fred

You have a good point on the group. :slight_smile: