Session problem with subdomains

> Your web browser won't allow you to set a top level cookie (ie one > on .localhost), to the web browser it's as if you tried to set one > for .com

Hi Frederick, ok..so should it work in the production mode? where the session_domain would be like '.domain.com'

that should be ok.

config.action_controller.session = { :session_domain => "users.local", :session_key => '_app_session', :secret => '..............'}

But the session isn't shared with localhost and foo.users.localhost.. so

Those are all really differnt domains. Setting the domain to users.local would allow sharing with anything.users.local and users.local but nothing more. Remember to restart the app between changes

i've tried to change another time the session_domain to ".users.local", "users.localhost", ".users.localhost", ".local", "local", ".localhost" and "localhost"....and nothing... the session isn't shared at all. This is my subdomain config:

SubdomainFu.tld_sizes = { :development => 0, :test => 2, :production => 1 }

It's just a single app which serve everything, not more different apps for each subdomain. isn't possible neither in this case to have different subdomains (foo.users.domain.com and foo.blogs.domain.com for the production; foo.users.localhost and foo.blogs.localhost for the development)?

you'd need something like

if RAILS_ENV=='production' config.action_controller.session = {   :session_domain => "domain.com" ... else

end

but like I said foo.users.localhost and foo.blogs.localhost will never be able to share cookies (and hence sessions. You need an intermediate domain, eg foo.users.domain.localhost and foo.blogs.domain.localhost

Fred

that should be ok.

ok, i'll try directly in production mode

Those are all really differnt domains. Setting the domain to users.local would allow sharing with anything.users.local and users.local but nothing more. Remember to restart the app between changes

yep, i restart it everytime

you'd need something like

if RAILS_ENV=='production' config.action_controller.session = {   :session_domain => "domain.com" ... else

end

or i could set it directly in the enviroment folder, for production.rb and development.rb..

but like I said foo.users.localhost and foo.blogs.localhost will never be able to share cookies (and hence sessions. You need an intermediate domain, eg foo.users.domain.localhost and foo.blogs.domain.localhost

about the dev enviroment i don't care too much, but the production env in that case should works (as the intermediate domain would be the real domain, so domain.localhost would be domain.com)

thank you