Edge (2.3.0) session_domain cookies problem

Hello, I am working on a project that uses subdomain keyed accounts. Everything works great (using SubdomainFu for much of that heavly lifting) until I get to storing sessions across the subdomains. I want the entire site to share cookies, such as the auth_token from restful_authentication.

I've read numerous blog posts regarding this setup, and everyone seems to say that if you set the session_domain everything should work fine:

#development.rb: ActionController::Base.session_options[:session_domain] = 'equvents.local'

I've also tried: ActionController::Base.session_options[:session_domain] = '.equvents.local'

And what seems to be an older method: ActionController::CgiRequest::DEFAULT_SESSION_OPTIONS.update (:session_domain => ".equvents.local")

The trouble is, this isn't having any effect on the domain my app stores cookies for. The cookies are still getting set individually for www.equvents.local, testaccount.equvents.local, equvents.local, etc.

What am I missing?

Thanks so much for your help! Les Freeman

It appears that, at least in Edge 2.3.0, you no longer use :session_domain, but just :domain:

config.action_controller.session = {   :domain => ".equvents.local" }

I've not fully tested yet, but things seem to be working so far. Hopefully this will save someone else some hair pulling. Les